Improve drying & hardness performance
of your waterborne & high-solids alkyd coatings with an optimal selection and use of dryers (Co, Mn, Ca, Zr…
Expert Johan Bieleman will share his expertise in creating efficient dryers combination
and guidance to improve tack-free time, gloss
and to switch to cobalt alternatives
Course Type Formulation - Level Intermediate
Why you should attend
- Optimize more easily drying and hardness with a deeper understanding of autoxidation/cross-linking in architectural and industrial coatings
- Troubleshoot faster problems (loss of dry, wrinkling, water retention, soft film, poor gloss, discoloration, durability…) using the right driers combination and loading
- Switch faster to less toxic drier solutions (cobalt/lead-free) with our expert practical tips and formulation guidance
Who is it for?
Formulators, technicians, managers involved in the development of air-drying waterborne and high solids alkyd paints, inks and varnishes.
The following sections will be covered during this session:
- Autoxidation and Cross-Linking of air-drying WB- and SB- paints
- Key characteristics of main siccatives
- Application of drier combinations
- Optimizing drier selection for waterborne alkyd paints
- Optimizing drier selection for high solids alkyd paints
- Replacing cobalt driers
- Problem solving by drier optimization
At the end of the training there will be a Q&A Session where you can pose questions to Johan Bieleman.
A transcript of all the questions and answers will be made available after the event.
The selection of the most efficient drier catalyst, also known as siccative, is no longer a "trial & error" event: recent information on how driers work enables formulators to wisely select optimal driers for a particular system.
Furthermore, new driers have become available for waterborne and high solids paints, as well as replacements for ecologically banned products.
By attending this course, you will benefit from practical guidance
Select efficiently your surface and auxiliary driers
- Adjust your catalyst system (composition, dosage) to maximize performance and minimize side-effects
- Comply with newest trends: VOC levels, cobalt-free, lead-free...
Attend e-Training Courses with your colleagues
(even if they are not in the same place):
||Group / Multi Access
|Number of attendees
||Up to 3 attendees
||Up to 10 attendees
|Number of connections
||Up to 3 connections
|Fee (currency converter)
SpecialChem is not accountable for users' costs linked to participating in the e-Training Course, including but not limited to
the phone and Internet connection fees. We advise you to use your computer's audio. We also provide local phone numbers for when available.
Your registration includes
- Pdf slides at least 24h before the live session
- 1h online short course by an independent expert
- Live interaction with the expert during the 30-minute Q&A session
- Q&A Transcript when you submit your feedback on the course
- Expert contact details to further discuss your projects
You can cancel your order any time prior to the course by writing to email@example.com
- All cancellations made before presentation slides are sent will be charged 30% of total order price
- If presentation slides have been sent but the live session has not yet been delivered, 50% of total order price will be charged
- All cancellations made after the course will be charged a full amount of the order price.
|Special Offers on e-Training Courses
Discount on your second session:
Register online to 2 sessions at the same time & get 25% off the cheapest one
Purchase credits in advance & attend whenever you or your colleagues want within 12 months.
- 5 credits: € 999 (save up to 30%)
- 10 credits: € 1499 (save up to 55%)
(*) 1 regular access = 1 credit used,
1 group/multi access = 2 credits used
12-month access to all e-Training Courses for € 2999