The following sections will be covered during this 2-part course:
- Quick review of patent and claim structure.
- Mechanics of using the two common free online databases.
- How to structure patentability searches.
- How to interpret the results of a patentability search.
- The basics of how to plan for a patent portfolio that defends a market space.
- How to structure freedom to practice and state of the art searches
- Understanding search results for freedom to practice
- State of the art searches
- The basics of reading multiple patents and mapping patents onto each other and to products
At the end of the training there will be a Q&A Session where you can pose questions to Laurence Pearson.
A transcript of all the questions and answers will be made available after the event.
Christy S. ,
from Akzo Nobel Coatings:
"I learnt the use of claim tables/ Venn diagrams to identify FTP issues / opportunities. The nightmare claims slides were very clear reminders of how important the language of a patent is."
Jijun W. ,
from Momentive Specialty Chemicals:
"This course provided me opportunity to learn useful information on how to search & read patents efficiently and in less time and at low cost."
Jeff P. ,
from Adhesives Research:
"The pointers on FTP were interesting. The course gave me a basic understanding of how to conduct a FTP search."
To successfully develop a product that does not infringe on another's patent and may itself be patentable, a developer must be aware of existing patents in his area. Lack of methodology often turns this into a daunting task with no guaranteed results.
After attending this 2-part e-Training Course, you will be confident in your methods to search online patents databases and produce efficient and easy-to-communicate maps. It will make your future product development decisions easier.
Attend e-Training Courses with your colleagues
(even if they are not in the same place):
||Group / Multi Access
|Number of attendees
||Up to 3 attendees
||Up to 10 attendees
|Number of connections
||Up to 3 connections
|Fee (currency converter)
SpecialChem is not accountable for users' costs linked to participating in the e-Training Course, including but not limited to
the phone and Internet connection fees. We advise you to use your computer's audio. We also provide local phone numbers for when available.
Your registration includes
- Pdf slides at least 24h before the live session
- 1h online short course by an independent expert
- Live interaction with the expert during the 30-minute Q&A session
- Q&A Transcript when you submit your feedback on the course
- Expert contact details to further discuss your projects
You can cancel your order any time prior to the course by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All cancellations made before presentation slides are sent will be charged 30% of total order price
- If presentation slides have been sent but the live session has not yet been delivered, 50% of total order price will be charged
- All cancellations made after the course will be charged a full amount of the order price.
|Special Offers on e-Training Courses
Discount on your second session:
Register online to 2 sessions at the same time & get 25% off the cheapest one
Purchase credits in advance & attend whenever you or your colleagues want within 12 months.
- 5 credits: € 999 (save up to 30%)
- 10 credits: € 1499 (save up to 55%)
(*) 1 regular access = 1 credit used,
1 group/multi access = 2 credits used
12-month access to all e-Training Courses for € 2999