Efficiently fix your daily pigment dispersion issues
and reach targeted performance (color development, hiding power, stability...) with advanced guidance for real-life situations
Key points & pragmatic procedures at every step of formulation development will be highlighted using real commercial products (TiO2, carbon black, BaSO4...)
Course Type Formulation - Level Advanced
Why you should attend
- Ease & improve your ingredients selection by better reading Technical Data Sheets – What critical information is available? What is missing?
- Achieve desired performance faster and at lower cost by switching from trial & error to targeted testing for your pigments and fillers dispersion
- Increase stability and prevent settling by drawing more attention to anchor sites & groups, solvents, additives...that could be displacers, etc
Who is it for?
Developers, formulators, producers, technical support staff & users who spend too much time in developing new systems or solving problems with dispersions of pigments & fillers.
Prerequisite: Participants are expected to be experienced in dispersing pigments & fillers.
In this course real practical examples will be discussed using real raw materials and real formulations.
Summary of the fundamentals:
Practical real examples:
- The process in 3 steps: wetting, separation and stabilisation
- Key properties of solid particles
- Explanation of Wetting agents
- Explanations of Dispersants
- Systems: waterbased and solventbased.
- Examples on pigments: titanium dioxide, carbon black and phthalocyanine blue
- Examples on fillers: barium sulphate
- Why wetting agents should not be used
- Dispersant: general features, examples for waterbased and solventbased systems
At the end of the training there will be a Q&A Session where you can pose questions to Jochum Beetsma.
A transcript of all the questions and answers will be made available after the event.
Joann S. ,
from Akzo Nobel:
"The course applied surface science principles to common materials of trade. This provided the audience with exactly the information needed to understand and to formulate with these materials."
Melissa M. ,
from Cabot Corporation:
"The analysis of the real life examples was extremely good, as well as the analysis of the information included in the TDS. It is helpful to know that when contacting a supplier, most of this additional information can be requested."
Simona R. ,
from TNO Science & Industry:
"It gave helpful insight on the dispersion process and the parameters that control it (have to be considered when various formulations are envisaged)."
Stephen H. ,
from Aristech Acrylics LLC:
"Excellent! I did not expect a so huge variation in properties of raw materials. I hope now that we can optimize our systems to be more compatible."
John A. ,
from Tanatex Deutschland GmbH:
"The information about how to choose dispersant and at what concentration was interesting. Anchor sites and groups were very useful as well."
Solving dispersion problems often costs more time and money and creates more frustration than necessary. This is due to the fact that solutions normally revolve around trial and error.
What to look for in a Technical Datasheet?
When does one need wetting agent (and when not!) in a formulation?
What type of stabilizer is best for a specific system?
What amount of dispersant is needed for a specific pigment/filler?
By taking part to this course, which aims at linking pigment dispersion theory to every day practice, you will uncover new solutions to develop better pigments & fillers dispersions, reduce raw materials cost, spend less time testing potential formula etc.
Among other, you will be able to address these specific points:
Attend e-Training Courses with your colleagues
(even if they are not in the same place):
||Group / Multi Access
|Number of attendees
||Up to 3 attendees
||Up to 10 attendees
|Number of connections
||Up to 3 connections
|Fee (currency converter)
SpecialChem is not accountable for users' costs linked to participating in the e-Training Course, including but not limited to
the phone and Internet connection fees. We advise you to use your computer's audio. We also provide local phone numbers for when available.
Your registration includes
- Pdf slides at least 24h before the live session
- 1h online short course by an independent expert
- Live interaction with the expert during the 30-minute Q&A session
- Q&A Transcript when you submit your feedback on the course
- Expert contact details to further discuss your projects
You can cancel your order any time prior to the course by writing to email@example.com
- All cancellations made before presentation slides are sent will be charged 30% of total order price
- If presentation slides have been sent but the live session has not yet been delivered, 50% of total order price will be charged
- All cancellations made after the course will be charged a full amount of the order price.
|Special Offers on e-Training Courses
Discount on your second session:
Register online to 2 sessions at the same time & get 25% off the cheapest one
Purchase credits in advance & attend whenever you or your colleagues want within 12 months.
- 5 credits: € 999 (save up to 30%)
- 10 credits: € 1499 (save up to 55%)
(*) 1 regular access = 1 credit used,
1 group/multi access = 2 credits used
12-month access to all e-Training Courses for € 2999