This course will take an all-encompassing approach to the development and commercialization of a radiation cured coating
The following points will be discussed:
- Formulation Components & their effect on performance & cost
Successful combinations to suit best UV equipment
Radiation cure methods / sources & factors that impact cost
EB Vs. UV irradiation methods
Traditional UV Arc Lamps vs. LEDs
Key factors impacting curing process (wavelength, peak intensity, exposure time…)
Impact of ambient conditions on performance
After the components have been discussed, they will be wrapped together using a recently completed project as an example. The example case was the development of a flexible UV cured coating/sealant development for food packaging*.
*3 patents: US20110210163 | US20110211778 | EP2361761A1
At the end of the training there will be a Q&A Session where you can pose questions to Mike Clingerman.
A transcript of all the questions and answers will be made available after the event.
Optimizing UV/EB coatings & inks curing process, is, like elsewhere, central to ensure performance and competitiveness. Yet many formulators only focus their efforts on few formulation parameters such as initiator, polymer type, and viscosity to adjust performance. More optimally, the performance impact of components within entire process should be considered.
Mike Clingerman will discuss how the raw materials / UV equipment / ambient conditions combination affect the network formation and thus final performance and how to proceed to design an optimal process.
When a problem arise, attendees will be able to decide whether they should first adjust the chemistry, the room humidity, the curing temperature, the light intensity...
Attend e-Training Courses with your colleagues
(even if they are not in the same place):
||Group / Multi Access
|Number of attendees
||Up to 3 attendees
||Up to 10 attendees
|Number of connections
||Up to 3 connections
|Fee (currency converter)
SpecialChem is not accountable for users' costs linked to participating in the e-Training Course, including but not limited to
the phone and Internet connection fees. We advise you to use your computer's audio. We also provide local phone numbers for when available.
Your registration includes
- Pdf slides at least 24h before the live session
- 1h online short course by an independent expert
- Live interaction with the expert during the 30-minute Q&A session
- Q&A Transcript when you submit your feedback on the course
- Expert contact details to further discuss your projects
You can cancel your order any time prior to the course by writing to email@example.com
- All cancellations made before presentation slides are sent will be charged 30% of total order price
- If presentation slides have been sent but the live session has not yet been delivered, 50% of total order price will be charged
- All cancellations made after the course will be charged a full amount of the order price.
|Special Offers on e-Training Courses
Discount on your second session:
Register online to 2 sessions at the same time & get 25% off the cheapest one
Purchase credits in advance & attend whenever you or your colleagues want within 12 months.
- 5 credits: € 999 (save up to 30%)
- 10 credits: € 1499 (save up to 55%)
(*) 1 regular access = 1 credit used,
1 group/multi access = 2 credits used
12-month access to all e-Training Courses for € 2999